Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sculpture and a fine Finish

Wondering this would ever be finished, the carving section of project ended quickly and quietly.

I spent one day caring my signature, wrapped it up for several rainy days, and stained it today.







 I used a deck stain Penofil that has UV protection and a mildewicide.
To quiet the wood grain, I mixed in 1/4 tsp of raw sienna oil paint to a cup of the oil based stain.
For a bit of variance, I also mixed up a 1/4 tsp of raw umber for the darker brown.


3 comments:

Sherrie York said...

Oh good grief. I know not why, but Shadows on Stone hasn't been showing up in my feed. For MONTHS, it turns out. Glad I came to see what's up. Looks like I have some catching up to do. <3

Theresa Cheek said...

It has been a privilege to watch this piece come to life. She is so warm and maternal. The carving of your name is pretty spectacular as well! Thank you for the journey Patrick.

patrickgracewood said...

Sherrie, I know that SOS has fallen off the radar, not for want of me pushing publish, but don't know what to do about it?

Thank you, Theresa.