Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Sculpture and Gravestones - Old and New Art

Memory Graphite and oil pastel on paper. 22 x 15 inches. Patrick Gracewood ©2011
I selected words and motifs from the old gravestones to create new art inspired by Cape Cod.
Old Friends Graphite and oil pastel on paper. 22 x 15 inches. Patrick Gracewood ©2011
 I see I missed an opportunity to use the arc of the gravestone to create a giant horseshoe crab......

Good Morning Graphite and oil pastel on paper. 22 x 15 inches. Patrick Gracewood ©2011  
Good Morning is my favorite of this series. I saw it happen. A robin flies through the fog to perch atop a gravestone, calls twice and then flies away.  Everything in cool greys as if LIFE were just part of the fog and the only reality is death and stone.

No comments: