Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Sculpture and the TriMet Carving

It's time to carve her features!
Carving is an odd balance of BOLD, .....cautious, BOLD, ......cautious, BOLD, cautious...........

Some days you Boldly decide "It will be so!" to move your project forward.
Next day, you cautiously evaluate the damage that egomaniac has created and see what can be saved...

After establishing the profile, it's time to determine where her ears will be.
That tells me where her jawline will be.
 Here she is standing! 
 My assistant and I stood her up so I can study the carving from a distance while doing other chores,
I'm also redesigning the studio landscaping 




More work has been done on the left side of her face. 
It looks like she's winking at me.
I need all the encouragement I can get!

No comments: