Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Sculpture and Wreaths

How comfortable are you dealing with 20,000 people?
Me? I need something to do other than stand there waiting to talk about my art.

The Wintter Queen. I looked up to see this lovely lady all in red, even her wheelchair was red. I quickly made a wreath out of the scarlet dogwood and she popped it on her head as halo and crown!
The Persian Garden at the Yard Garden Patio Show hired a belly dancer to undulate and waft her veils at their entrance. She was good. Lovely, really lovely.......

I thought that was unfair competition, What could we do at the French garden booth? Pluck a goose?
phoo by David Bales.
 A few days ago, I'd pruned the studio's apple trees and redtwig dogwoods and decided to demonstrate how to make a simple wreath using the clippings. Amid all the hubub of thousands of people walking through the show, it was very sane to share instead of trying to sell.
This woman got the hang of wreathing very quickly. Hmmm, She's also wearing red.
A little girl, a shy teenage boy, several mothers and grandmothers were drawn into my quiet space and learned how to make weaths for themselves. I said to each one, "Now teach someone else."

When the world is too busy, the sanest thing to do is work with nature..........

5 comments:

kara rane said...

adorable~ love the woven wreaths bringing peace + connection, nature is everything.

Theresa Cheek said...

"Pluck a goose?" Haha! I am glad you chose to share this instead. They will remember where they learned this and the story will continue to someone else! Neato!

patrickgracewood said...

I will post images of several finished wreaths. It's such a simple thing to do, repeat until it is an endless spiraling circle being shared.

Sherrie York said...

When the world is too busy, the sanest thing to do is work with nature..........

Yes. Yes. Yes.

patrickgracewood said...

Sherrie, I look at at my north garden from my office window....and wonder why I'm inside typing instead of out there working. Crocus are in full glory today. Stop. Go.