Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Sculpture and a wise man

It was time for a starring role for this warrior, to prove he's more than beefcake.
But who is he going to play?

These holiday flowers came individually wrapped in this cool expandable mesh.
HMMMMMM, too cool to throw away....

The idea was he'd be a wise man. 
A king, yes.
But alas, tis a tragic king he plays.
Othello.
 The plastic mesh wanted to become Elizabethan lace and ruffs to hide my lack of sewing skills.
I'm fine with that.
So is he.....
Observation on sexism in toys: Toys for boys have hands that can actually hold things. They're sold with weapons, but I like a chunk of frankincense and green sushi plastic.
Barbies can't hold anything. What lesson is that?...

It's a wise man who knows how to play.

2 comments:

Susan Gallacher-Turner said...

Some very good points, here Patrick. Most important,the importance of play!

Theresa Cheek said...

I am so behind on reading blogs! I thought I was the only one who played with (and yes, I have a box of this stuff!) plastic mesh. I love your observations. Carry on and continue the play!