Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Studio Garden

I wanted to show you the garden to prove it doesn't look like a sculpture graveyard. 
There's many works of art, but they're hidden along the paths to be discovered. 
The game I'm playing is that you should never see more than one sculpture at a time. 
This means placement and screening are very important.
The woodland path to the quiet garden




Solomon's Seal is like a living gothic cathedral.
The quiet garden
The tree peony Boreas, god of the wind, in breeze shattered glory.
Adiantum maiden hair fern, very happy it's new space.

3 comments:

Cmichaudart said...

This post and previous one are exquisite...absolutely lovely and the way sculpture should be in a garden environ. Kudos.

patrickgracewood said...

Thank you, Cindy,
I'd love for you to be able to experience the garden.

Getting everything ready for the open studio and garden darn near did me in... but now I'm wandering the garden and spending time in it, just being, lying in the sun-10 minutes before clouds and rain chased me inside.

Beatriz Cunha said...

So beautiful and peaceful. I can see all the love and hard work you put into it. What a perfect habitat for your sculptures.