Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Sculpture and Drawing - All children are artists.





"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he
(or she!) grows up." Pablo Picasso

It's so hard to mix children and work.
Both demand your full attention.

I was juggling an illustration deadline and caring for the tiny one. I got her settled in my office, laid out crayons and paper, told- pleaded with her that I could not pay attention to her. as I had an illustration that HAD to be finished. We both worked quietly for half an hour. Then she showed me her drawings.

She had drawn my relief sculpture "Oasis" translating three dimensions into two. Four years old she saw and drew everything important about the work. It gave me goose bumps.

That's my sketch of the relief sculpture ,"Oasis", the bronze sculpture, and her drawing.

No comments: