Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Sculpture and Landscape Design









Not too much art got done this summer. I've been working on a bigger scale. Photos of Gracewood Studio, south side redesign and landscaping. First photo is of building shortly after we bought the property six years ago. It stayed like that (plus weeds!) until this summer. All the rest happened this summer.

I used the concrete slabs taken out of the driveway for the gazebo's stairs and landing. Test paint on the gazebo works just fine, it's a perfect garden green and sets the structure into the yard. Hated the white paint.

It's funny, I don't think I sat in the gazebo twice in the five years previous to this redo. Now that the space is organized, I'm drawn to it to sit and take a short break. Short breaks because I need to finish up everything- boulders sited, plants planted and mulched before the rain and cold begin.

No comments: