Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Sculpture and Rare Plant Research #2

I'm busy organizing for my carving demonstration at Rare Plant Research's Garden Party tomorrow.

Thought I'd share some of my drawings of future carvings. I've really been enjoying the book, The Brummer Collectionof Medieval Art, by Caroline Bruzelius and Jill Meredith. 

The musician is copied from the book. It's a capital in the Jewett Art Center at Wellesley College.It's amazing how contemporary the long haired muscian looks. I added the soul patch, and am thinking about making a shelf that extends below the carving that could have a carved hat that could hold coin "tips" or flowers. I love it when people can interact with sculpture and leave offerings. Do you?

The other drawings are my own ideas and adaptions.


2 comments:

Theresa Cheek said...

It always amazes me when I am the first to comment on your posts!!! Amazing stuff! I am counting the days till Portland....is your studio near the convention center?

Danny said...

Your work is great. Reminds me of the detailed work when entering Notre Dame in Paris. Well done.