Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sculpture and Rare Plant Research #3









So how'd it go at Rare Plant Reseach ????

When I first visited Rare Plant Research, I fell in love with Burl and Cindy Mosul's quirky, beautiful Romanesque style home. When I learned that they were having a dinner in the garden, I proposed a demonstration and showing of my Romanesque inspired sculpture. Burl said yes, so that's what happened Saturday night.

Being at Rare Plant Reasearch's Dinner in the Garden Saturday night felt like being in the right place at the right time, doing the right thing. I'm still buzzing contentedly.

It was a perfect sunny afternoon.  Walking up their long driveway after parking behind the greenhouses,  was a moment of eternity. In the sky high above, hawks screamed. Golden light. I found a shady spot to set up my carving bench and began to work. It was the perfect context for this art.

Delicious food was provided by Dave Clark and his son Ian. Their catering business is called Big River Events.

Later, women in light summer dresses and hats arrived. Easy conversations, laughter as friends greet each other. Tanned men in colorful shirts carrying wine glasses lingered by my work bench. I handed chisel and mallet to anyone interested and let them carve on a scrap piece of AAC. The lion I began yesterday is well underway. It wouldn't exist if I hadn't created this opportunity by asking...

So how'd it go? Dear readers, it was perfection from start to finish.

Here's Venus glowing over their pond, I've just finished packing up the van, ready for the drive home.

1 comment:

Theresa Cheek said...

...and it is times like this that keep us all doing what we do...create!