Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Sculpture and the New Year

As artist's we can get so focused on Selling our work that that we forget that our work is also a gift. 

Our art is a gift that we can freely share with everyone in our world. 

Give some of your art away and charge a fair price for rest of your art work. It's a good practice. It helps you be very clear about why you are making it and what your expectations are for each piece.

In this new year, where can you give the gift of your creativity? 
Is there a place you can share it with the very young, or the very old? 
Art is about abundance. Share it with the world.
Here's the large bees wax covered pine cone, on top the cake and stuffed to capacity with colorful prayers.
 There is the pine cone in the heart of the fire, prayers long gone up in flames and smoke.

7 year old cub reporter taking photos. I love her stance!

Lost in the warmth and the glow of the fire.....
Still shots of the fire are inspiration for new works....


2 comments:

Mark D. Ruffner said...

I really appreciate this series, and your beautiful, creative New Year's. For the past two years, I've released both negative and positive to a fire, and it's a release on a number of levels.

I'm reminded of a Japanese temple I visited where fortunes were tied to trees like little paper icicles. A guide explained that if it's a good fortune, it's released to the wind. if it's a bad fortune, it gets washed away. Good or bad, it gets released.

Susan Gallacher-Turner said...

Yes! One of my biggest intentions for the new year, that I put in your fire sculpture, is to create with more heart, trust and freedom. To get beyond the push to Sell and open up to the passion to create. This last year I have freely given some of my work away to those who needed it and as a thank you to those who have freely given their support. I've also sold art, too. And was supported in my process by that as well.