Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

Things that make me happy




Susan Gallacher-Turner of SculpturePDX tagged me asking for 6 Things that make me happy. Only 6? Since this is a sculpture blog, I'm choosing artwork that is in the garden. Each has its own story, collectively they all contribute to my daily experience of working and living.

Richard Brandt, a friend who can always make me laugh, made the wood fired water jar that lives on the friendship bench. Its surface bears the history of the wood and flames that created it. The asters count as well.

The reliefs mounted on the wall outside my office, some of which I've designed for clients or friends, others collected over the years are a relief reference library lit by the afternoon sun. The sun counts too.

And the carving of the little monk wearing an impromptu snow turban.

No comments: