Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sculpture and Ancient Artist

Have you articulated what is important to you (and others!) about your art? Knowing why you make your art, what it gives to the viewer is more than your artist statement. It needs to be your manifesto.








 

Sue Smith is a talented painter living in eastern Oregon.

Her blog,  Ancient Artist: Developing an art career after 50, is an inspirational pun that reflects her interest in historic art materials and techniques and the challenges of being an artist...(at any age).


I noticed she had an manifesto page and sent her my architectural sculpture manifesto.
She published it here.

Have you articulated what is important to you (and others!) about your art? Knowing why you make your art, what it gives to the viewer is more than your artist statement. It needs to be your manifesto


Once you have written it, put it out there. Make it public.




1 comment:

Sue Smith said...

Thank you, Patrick. Your manifesto was excellent and articulated many of my own thoughts about art - but which I hadn't been able to clarify in words yet - but you did it eloquently and I am grateful you shared it with me.