Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Sculpture and Julian of Norwich

Photo taken in Colorado, on the path to Shambala.
I'm reading a book by Amy Frykholm about the medieval mystic,  Julian of Norwich .

She had me by the first page: "The soul must perform two duties. 
On is that we reverently marvel. The other is that we humbly endure, 
ever taking pleasure in God".

Nothing about sin and damnation, instead wonder and humility.
It's a good reminder for the kind of art I want to create. After several rounds of putting my work out there for the world to see (and purchase) and getting little to no response, it's time to regroup and find new inspiration and reason to continue.

Marvel is always a good state to begin sculpture work, humility a good state to continue creating art.

It's in keeping with Meister Eckhardt's: "If the only prayer you could utter was a simple Thank You, that would suffice."        

Thank you readers for being on this creative journey with me. 

1 comment:

Theresa Cheek said...

You just need me to live closer and be your PR person. In the meantime....continue on your creative path and I will continue to wonder and marvel over what you do.